Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I am sitting this afternoon and waiting when the day will be over, fasting. Today is 29th of Ramadan and waiting for moon sight result. Depending on the moon, tomorrow might be a Eid day. Yet another Eid in Vancouver.
How many Eid I got in my life? During Eid, I pray everyday will be Eid day. Did I make all my days Eid day. 
Let's talk about one of our Eid when I was a kid. My father was transferred to Mymensingh. We still did not start to live together. With my mother we were living in Muradnagar where we stayed about six months before joining to Mymensingh with my father. During the Eid vacation from Mymensingh, my father bought all our dresses and gift items. We were waiting for very exciting Eid. While he was travelling towards Muradnagar, his bag was smuggled at Meghna Feri Ghat. 
My dad, my father when he came to Muradnagar about 100km from Feri Ghat, he was completely devastated. We were waiting for new dresses and gift item. I saw my father, full of sorrow and tears in his eyes. He said he will buy us all the dresses again. He did sometime later, but we had a wonderful Eid. 



No comments: