Tuesday, July 26, 2011

B.Baria-1


B.Baria, a small district town in Bangladesh. This is where I spent about five years in my very early life. For many reasons this town influenced me for rest of my life. Even now whenever I close my eyes, look back my old days, I easily can see the a town where I was living close to Kurulia Khal.

As my father was working in Roads and Highway, we used to live in government quarters. In B.Baria we lived in a quarter close to Kurulia Khal. This canal is connecting two big rivers, Titash and Megna. This is the canal where I used to swim round the year. I was expert in crossing the canal from one side to other. In winter there was less water flow but in summer or during flood it became like big rivers.

In the quarters where we lived in B.Baria was the place where few other same age boys and girls were living. There were stocks of Rod, sands and stone was piled in that compound. These were the raw materials for road construction. All these raw materials made a very god place for us to play. For us it was like a very good play ground.

At that time I was going to Christian Missionary School. This was best primary school in the town. It was about half a mile from our compound. This half a mile I walked up and down for about five years. This travelling was quite fun along with all other same age mates. Along this half mile path, at that age there was two milestone for us-first one was reaching to the stadium and the second one was reaching to a big banyan tree close to SDO compound.

No comments: