Wednesday, July 27, 2011

B.Baria-2

B.Baria missionary school was a coeducation school but all teachers were ladies. We called our teachers "didi". Didi's were so good so dedicated to the students that no one of us could go without proper learning.

This was time before 80s. That was within ten years of our liberation war. People did not have abandon of money to spent and particularly in a town like B.Baria. Many families were depending on government "Reshon". Like our families at that time, our dress materials education materials had the indication of shortage.

We did not have money to buy ice cream in the leisure period. Ice cream was the only luxury item for us. Those were like "Lathi Ice" the colored ice cream and cost us 10-25 paisa. Sometimes we could manage the paisa to buy that from our parents which was not very easy. There was a special type of ice cream of 50 paisa, and I can rember I never had the opportunity to buy one.

I should say our school was ahead of the time. In school we had our own desk and chair placed by the roll number. We had our own lock and key to keep our books and other belonging in that desk. I brought all my good crayons and toys from home to that desk. At that age I had a showing tendency, I liked to show my good things to my mates.



No comments: