Saturday, July 9, 2011

A picnic day



It is difficult to stay away from the beauties of Vancouver while you are living here. Good number of parks made this city different from others. Where ever you go you will find a beautiful park in walking distance. Each of these parks are unique with its beauty.

We went to Queens Park today. There was a picnic for Bangladeshi Engineer's families in that park. For the second time we are joining that party. Nothing very special about the picnic, it is the same like many others. However I was impressed with the beauty of queens park. Several thousand of very big trees covered the park with their shade but you will not be deceived if you like sunny spaces. All over the park light and shade were playing like you don't want to miss any of them. Play ground for the kids, arena for ice hokey, tennis court, small farm zoo.. and what other things you can expect.

But there was small rose garden which i should mention separately. Bunch of different color rose plants where creating the corners of the garden. Whenever I see something, the color of that one that I remember. When I saw these yellow, red, pink... roses, I just could not keep keep myself outside the fence. Light breeze, light and shade, several color roses.... I will not forget.

No comments: