Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In Kelowna

While we entered Kelowna, we were lost. We couldnot find our hotel in the GPS. This is a very interesting device. I depend on it so much. I hardly use any map and sometimes I find the map very difficult. Always I need to read the road marks, not very easy.

GPS makes the mistake in very crucial times. For example, after driving 500km we are very tired, we need some rest need to go to hotel. But GPS does not work, it can not find the hotel. Very interesting problem, then you need to go to the gas station ask someone about the hotel address. Not only that, you need to follow all road marks and go back to old map version!

In Kelowna it did not happen, we found our hotel easily by just looking around. It was a Best Western hotel. I entered confidently. My young son and daughter was with me. I was just waiting in the loby and there was a pool very close to the loby. Farhan and Fahmia were very active towards the pool. They started to think this was a very nice hotel and they were happy to be there. But I am waiting and no one was
there in the front desk. It is about 10 minutes. My wife and my mother came out
and set in the loby sofa. It seems we will just go to the room and clean beds are inviting to get rest. At the end after about 15 minutes one guy show up. He checked my last name. There is no reservation. I was surprised, for
sure I did book the hotel. Then the guy explained probably our booking is at a different Best Western hotel. Then he gave a me a road map how can I go there without the GPS. He said it is a 20 minute wonderful drive.

Any way the driving was very normal until we saw the bridge across the
lake. A bridge crossing the Okanagan lake, blue water, speedboats, small waves .. mind blowing.

No comments: