Monday, July 11, 2011

Queen Elizabeth Park




If someone asks you which is the oldest park in Vancouver, it is not possible to answer if you really know or go to the internet. Yesterday I learnt, Queen Elizabeth is one of the oldest park in Vancouver and most probably it was the second establishment of it's kind.
Yesterday was a hot summer day. Very nice and sunny. This type of days you can not expect in winter here. When I first get down from the car, suddenly I could not shift my eyes from bunch of roses. A rose garden was very near by and my God! I can not remember I saw bigger roses earlier than this garden. Different color roses and they were so big when any body passes by takes their picture with the rose.

This is really a big park. There is lawn bowling club inside. There is a big green house for tropical trees. This is really a big dome and no one would like to miss it who visits the park.

One thing that I should not forget to mention about this park. There is a rich
garden of different flowers. The location of this park is very interesting. If you walk down you will get a stair to enter the garden. Then you will need to walk around to see the beauty of this garden and when you finish you will need to go up using the stairs.

There is place in the park from where you can see the skyline of down town and tall buildings of Vancouver. You probably will not miss to take shot from there.

One more thing that I should not forget. This is a bunch of fountains built in a place that you can not miss it. Specially for the kids who likes to go, get wet and touch the water flow..

While I was driving back, I though it was a wonderful afternoon and the park..no I will not forget.


No comments: